Tuesday, December 26, 2017

How To Make Surprisingly Beautiful Layered Cards

Beautiful layered cards are surprisingly easy to make. Grab a Variety Pack of Foiled Paper from Rinea, choose corresponding dies, and put it all together. The wow factor is in the glow foiled paper brings to every project.
 Step 1: Gather and die cut card pieces.
The first step in creating Winter Wishes is to die cut each of the pieces. Because I was making a shaker card, I also die cut the card front. Not pictured below is the piece of acetate I used for the window and the 5x7 white card blank.
The snow flakes and sentiment plaque are cut from Rinea's Frosted Foiled Paper Variety Pack.
Step 2: Create the shaker using two layers of foam tape, add sequins.
Frankly, this is not my strong point. It took a lot of piecing of foam tape around the snow flake and the acetate window to get the shaker just right. I also ran a line of foam tape around the perimeter of the card. Don't forget to add the sequins before placing the card front on the base. 😕
Step 3: Adhere foiled paper snowflakes to front of card.
I like to use Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect. Just a few drops will hold the snowflakes in place. The foil is easily embossed and a bulky spot of glue will show.
The instructions for Best Wishes are simple: Gather, Diecut, Assemble.
When die cutting the foiled paper it is helpful to use washi tape to hold the die in place. Intricate dies take a few passes through the rollers and having the die slip is disastrous.
The balloon and sentiment for this card are 1/16 of an inch in places! I find that using a No-Clog Writing Cap assists in getting the glue exactly where I want it.
 I added glitter glue to my design. I love the color and sparkle it adds.
This card shows how easy it is to take traditional Christmas colors into the rest of the year. I used the Jolly Foiled Paper Variety Pack for this card.

Rinea foiled paper brings on the glamour while ScraPerfect glue and accessories make construction possible.

Supplies:
Cardstock:Recollections, Craftsmith
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Glitter Glue:Ranger
Sequins:Spiegel Mom Scraps
Alpha:Recollections
Border Punch:Martha Stewart
Dies:Darice, Poppy Stamps, Crafter's Companion, China
Glue and No-Clog Writing Cap:ScraPerfect

Scrap On!

~charity~


No comments:

Post a Comment