Wednesday, November 22, 2017

How To Make A Bright Wreath With Colorful Streamers

I used Rinea Foiled Paper to make a wreath with colorful, bright streamers. Shiny decorations seem just the right touch for winter holidays. This wreath is wrapped in Christmas colors and looks so inviting on my porch.
 ~ Pine Cone Wreath ~
 Directions:
Step 1. Wrap wreath form in Mocha Foiled Paper
I had old, dry pine cones with very little weight. I used a 1/2" cardboard ring with a 9" center. Fresh pinecones are quite heavy and will require a wire or styrofoam wreath form. I had scraps from making the Dragon Wings to wrap the form with. I cut 1/2" strips and secured the ends with tape.
Step 2. Cut wire and wrap around pine cone.
As you can see, my pine cones are very light in color. I tried bleaching them. Although it isn't quite a Pinterest fail, they certainly aren't the gorgeous color I was hoping for. They do make a great backdrop for the foiled paper.
 Step 3. Secure pine cone to wreath with wire ends.
I used 12" of wire for each cone. However, with a thicker or larger wreath form that number may need to be adjusted. Be sure to use wire cutters.
 Step 4. Cut strips of foiled paper, 2" wide.
This project is definitely made easier by purchasing Rinea Foiled Paper in rolls. I used 144" of streamers. To do so I had to cut three lengthwise strips of  Emerald Starstruck Paper and three lengthwise strips of Silver Starstruck Paper. I also used a border punch along both sides of my streamers. I love Christmas Trains and this Martha Stewart punch delivers!
 Step 5. Wrap streamers around wreath.
I wrapped the green first then the silver, securing the ends with tape.
 This wreath will not store well so I made the streamers removable. To do this I placed tape on the wreath form where I wanted to attach my streamers. When the season is over the streamers will detach easily from the pre-taped surface.
 Step 6. Cut 4 strips of foiled paper 2x12" and 1 strip 2x6". Roll and secure.
I secured my rolls with tape runner and a 1/2" overlap. I wanted lots of contrast and a continuation of the Christmas theme so I used Ruby Starstruck Paper.
 Step 7. Stack rolls and secure through center with a brad to assemble bow.
I used a paper piercer to mark each roll at the center. Be careful not to crease the ends or you will have a very flat bow.
 Step 8. Attach bow to wreath.
I attached my bow to a green streamer with the brad. It hung down a little so I added a couple dots of hot glue. This will make it hard to remove when it comes time to store it. But I will think of something.
Supplies:
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Brad:Spare Parts
Punch:Martha Stewart

Scrap On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment