Wednesday, June 21, 2017

How To Make An Easy Sunshade From Beautiful Foiled Paper

Today I have an easy tutorial for a beautiful sunshade made from Rinea Foiled Paper. At our house we have an unfortunate window that leaves a reflection on the TV. At first I blocked the light with a couple pictures from the kids art class. When I discovered the sun had melted the plastic wrap at the back of the paintings I knew I needed a better solution.
~ Foiled Paper Sunshade ~
I set out to draw an oriental lantern but got caught up in the exactness of it. I spent too much time measuring one side against another to be sure I had it straight. Lori took pity on me and drew this lantern free hand. 
I laid an entire roll of Turquoise Starstruck Foiled Paper over a cutting mat. I secured the drawing and the Foiled Paper with washi tape. The cutting mat protected my hardwood floor and my tools.
 I used an eyelet setter and hammer to pierce holes along the drawn lines. The tools are a set from Making Memories.
To hold the foil in the window I again used washi tape this time a blue with a quarter-foil pattern. The tape will most likely only hold one season. As the year changes the sun moves and the sunshade isn't required year round. Next year I'll put it up with a different color of washi tape. 
  The piercings are not exact, nor is the lantern perfectly symmetrical. It has a lovely whimsical bent to it that fits right in with my collection of vintage bottles and colored glass.  Stop by the Rinea Blog to see other inspiring Foiled Paper ideas.
Supplies:
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Washi Tape:Love My Tapes
Tools:Making Memories
Rotary Cutting Mat:Olfa

Scrap On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment